Hospital M&A activity has been increasing recently, and when these transactions are public knowledge, opposition from the physician community (as well as the hospital staff) to such types of transactions may also be a side effect. Physicians are vital to the operation of a hospital, and any resistance from the physician community, could be a tremendous obstacle, either slowing down the transaction or causing the potential buyer to pull out of the deal. Hospital administrators, along with their advisors, should do their best to foresee any opposition and manage physicians ...
Medical group acquisitions by hospitals will likely continue at a significant rate. Through these acquisitions, physicians can achieve efficiencies and economies of scale that may not be available to independent practices. While an acquisition offer might come as a welcome opportunity, the process involves a series of complex issues that can seem overwhelming. There are many steps that physician practices can take to help them seize opportunities and minimize issues that might delay or derail a deal.
- Preparing the Existing Entity Most doctors choose their career because they ...
Organizations considering a significant transaction have a lot to think about. One of the most important is making certain that relationships with key constituents and stakeholders are appropriately maintained and managed. Too frequently, community hospitals and community health systems underestimate the scope and importance of those relationships.
Most of us can rattle-off a short list of key constituents and stakeholders for community hospitals and community health systems.
Here's my standard list, together with a short description of why they are important:
- Board ...
- Sharing Scientific Information with HCPs on Unapproved Uses of Medical Products: Dos and Don’ts Under FDA’s New Draft Guidance
- Abortion Rights to Be Codified in Ohio State Constitution
- The Guiding an Improved Dementia Experience (“GUIDE”) Model
- Podcast: Antitrust Updates – Changes Affecting Merger Review and Enforcement in 2024 and Beyond – Diagnosing Health Care
- Just Released: Telemental Health Laws – Download Our Complimentary Survey and App