As 2015 winds down, I think it is safe to say that it has been a whirlwind year in telehealth. According to the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), over 200 telehealth-related bills were introduced in 42 states. The Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) has launched an interstate physician licensure compact that creates a new pathway to expedite physician licensure in multiple states. Twelve states (with Wisconsin being the latest) have so far enacted the licensure compact. Many states such as Colorado, Iowa, and Louisiana released regulations or policies that in ...
- DOJ’s FY 2023 Statistics: Highest Number of Settlements, Judgments, and Civil Investigative Demands in History and a Continued Health Care Focus
- FDA Releases Updated Directory on Select Dietary Supplement Ingredients
- In Alabama, Pre-Embryos are “Extrauterine Children” Under the State’s Wrongful Death Statute
- NJ Approves Cannabis Regulatory Amendment with Major Impacts on Class 5 Retail License Holders
- Unpacking Averages: Device Manufacturers Should Use the Newly Released Demographic Data in MDRs to Ensure Their Devices Are Not Disproportionately Hurting Minorities