While some employers may have been disappointed with the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent decision affirming the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“PPACA”), there may be a silver lining to the seemingly dark cloud. By virtue of upholding PPACA, the Supreme Court also upheld Section 2705 of PPACA, the provision of the law that will allow employers to provide their employees incentives, up to 30 percent of their premiums, in return for participation in an employer-sponsored wellness program. ...
- DOJ’s FY 2023 Statistics: Highest Number of Settlements, Judgments, and Civil Investigative Demands in History and a Continued Health Care Focus
- FDA Releases Updated Directory on Select Dietary Supplement Ingredients
- In Alabama, Pre-Embryos are “Extrauterine Children” Under the State’s Wrongful Death Statute
- NJ Approves Cannabis Regulatory Amendment with Major Impacts on Class 5 Retail License Holders
- Unpacking Averages: Device Manufacturers Should Use the Newly Released Demographic Data in MDRs to Ensure Their Devices Are Not Disproportionately Hurting Minorities