Typically, when we blog about physician employment arrangements, we focus on major areas of negotiation, such as compensation, professional liability insurance and termination. However, when the employment arrangement involves the physician, as employee, and a hospital, as employer, such as when the hospital acquires the physician's medical practice, some unique additional issues arise. (Indeed, in a November, 2012 press release, the AMA noted that a survey of final-year residents found nearly 1/3 listed hospital employment as their first choice of practice setting.) As ...
- DOJ’s FY 2023 Statistics: Highest Number of Settlements, Judgments, and Civil Investigative Demands in History and a Continued Health Care Focus
- FDA Releases Updated Directory on Select Dietary Supplement Ingredients
- In Alabama, Pre-Embryos are “Extrauterine Children” Under the State’s Wrongful Death Statute
- NJ Approves Cannabis Regulatory Amendment with Major Impacts on Class 5 Retail License Holders
- Unpacking Averages: Device Manufacturers Should Use the Newly Released Demographic Data in MDRs to Ensure Their Devices Are Not Disproportionately Hurting Minorities