As stakeholders, legislators and policymakers wrestle with the myriad of issues related to the provision of remote health care, clinical and technological advancements continue apace. What was once an industry focused primarily on the provision of primary care through existing remote platforms is morphing into a highly sophisticated brew of clinical and technological innovation. In that regard, several trends have caught my attention. While these trends may not squarely fall within the accepted definitions of “telehealth”, they are worth noting because they raise many ...
At the International Association of Privacy Professionals ("IAPP") Global Privacy Summit in Washington, D.C. on March 5th and March 6th, the Federal Trade Commission ("FTC") was clear in its message that privacy was a top priority for the agency. The FTC had a strong presence at the conference. Three of the five Commissioners and the Director of the Bureau of Consumer Protection (Jessica Rich) all spoke at the conference and relayed a message of the importance of consumer privacy and security. In that regard, the FTC speakers stressed the importance of:
- informing consumers of the ...
FDA published the long awaited draft guidance on wellness products last Friday. The guidance is a positive step forward for industry in that it proposes that certain general wellness products will not be subject to FDA regulation.
The draft guidance clarifies that FDA does not intend to enforce its regulations against products that are "low risk" and are intended to:
- Maintain or encourage health without reference to a disease or condition (e.g. weight, fitness, stress) or
- Help users live well with or reduce risks of chronic conditions, where it is well accepted that a healthy ...
- Podcast: Telehealth Post-Public Health Emergency – What to Expect in 2024 – Diagnosing Health Care
- Unpacking Averages: Analyzing FDA Device-Related Citizens Petitions by Topic
- Warning - Transaction Delays Expected. State Notice Requirements Ahead for Health Care M&A!
- New York Aims to Bolster Hospital Cybersecurity with Imminent Release of Proposed Regulations
- Sharing Scientific Information with HCPs on Unapproved Uses of Medical Products: Dos and Don’ts Under FDA’s New Draft Guidance