On December 18, 2018 the Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) finalized guidance on its existing Breakthrough Device Program and announced plans for advancement of the Safer Technologies Program (“STeP”). In the announcement, FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb emphasized the FDA’s efforts to promote innovation in medical devices that advance patient safety. This new medical device guidance could signal a year of opportunity for innovative medical device manufacturers that seek to advance patient safety.
Breakthrough Device Program
The Breakthrough Device ...
- DOJ’s FY 2023 Statistics: Highest Number of Settlements, Judgments, and Civil Investigative Demands in History and a Continued Health Care Focus
- FDA Releases Updated Directory on Select Dietary Supplement Ingredients
- In Alabama, Pre-Embryos are “Extrauterine Children” Under the State’s Wrongful Death Statute
- NJ Approves Cannabis Regulatory Amendment with Major Impacts on Class 5 Retail License Holders
- Unpacking Averages: Device Manufacturers Should Use the Newly Released Demographic Data in MDRs to Ensure Their Devices Are Not Disproportionately Hurting Minorities