Our latest focus is trying to bring data to bear on common questions we get asked by clients. Last month the topic was: how well does my device need to perform to get premarket clearance from FDA? This month it is: how big does my sample size need to be for any necessary clinical trial for premarket clearance?
To date, our typical answer has been, it depends. We then explain that it’s not really a regulatory question, but a question for a statistician that is driven by the design of the clinical trial. And the design of the clinical trial is driven by the question the clinical trial is trying ...
On August 15, 2023, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) released final guidance on informed consent for clinical investigations (“Final Guidance”). This update follows FDA’s draft guidance, which was issued in July 2014, and supersedes the FDA’s “A Guide to Informed Consent,” which was issued in September 1998. The Final Guidance is intended to assist clinical research stakeholders, such as institutional review boards (“IRBs”), investigators, and sponsors, in complying with FDA’s informed consent regulations for clinical ...
In this episode of the Diagnosing Health Care Podcast: The Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization decision, which effectively removed the federal constitutional protections for abortion, triggered a series of changes for health care providers and patients alike across the nation with respect to abortion services.
What additional implications are there for certain aspects of clinical trials and research?
On this episode, Epstein Becker Green attorneys Kate Heffernan, Marylana Helou, and Megan Robertson discuss how the changing state laws and regulations post-Dobbs may impact clinical research in different ways for different stakeholders.
- Podcast: Telehealth Post-Public Health Emergency – What to Expect in 2024 – Diagnosing Health Care
- Unpacking Averages: Analyzing FDA Device-Related Citizens Petitions by Topic
- Warning - Transaction Delays Expected. State Notice Requirements Ahead for Health Care M&A!
- New York Aims to Bolster Hospital Cybersecurity with Imminent Release of Proposed Regulations
- Sharing Scientific Information with HCPs on Unapproved Uses of Medical Products: Dos and Don’ts Under FDA’s New Draft Guidance