On October 2, 2018, FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb released a statement announcing new agency actions to further deter “gaming” of the generic drug approval process through the use of citizen petitions. Among these actions, the most significant was the issuance of a revised draft guidance on citizen petitions subject to Section 505(q) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (“FDCA”), published on the same day. The stated goal of this revision was to create a more efficient approach to 505(q) petitions and to allow the Agency to focus reviewer resources on scientific ...
On September 20, 2018, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) released draft guidance “Civil Money Penalties Relating to the ClinicalTrials.gov Data Bank” (“Guidance”). The purpose of this Guidance is to explain FDA’s protocol in (1) determining how the centers will identify whether responsible parties failed to comply with submission and certification requirements to the ClinicalTrials.gov or submitted false or misleading documents to the data banks and (2) deciding when, why, and what civil monetary penalties will be assessed against the ...
- NJ Approves Cannabis Regulatory Amendment with Major Impacts on Class 5 Retail License Holders
- Unpacking Averages: Device Manufacturers Should Use the Newly Released Demographic Data in MDRs to Ensure Their Devices Are Not Disproportionately Hurting Minorities
- CMS Announces Comprehensive Plan to Ensure EMTALA Compliance
- Telehealth’s Roadblock: The Issue with State Licensure Requirements
- CMS Announces New Primary and Behavioral Health Care Integration Demonstration Model