As so many of you know, the barriers to the wider adoption of telemedicine are numerous. In listening to various stakeholders in the telemedicine space over the years, I consistently hear the same barriers being discussed:
Multistate licensure for physicians and other health professionals;
Data privacy and security;
Credentialing and privileging; and
Corporate practice of medicine
One issue, however, that gets short shrift in my view is the issue of online prescribing—an issue that presents as formidable a barrier to the wider adoption of ...
- Warning - Transaction Delays Expected. State Notice Requirements Ahead for Health Care M&A!
- New York Aims to Bolster Hospital Cybersecurity with Imminent Release of Proposed Regulations
- Sharing Scientific Information with HCPs on Unapproved Uses of Medical Products: Dos and Don’ts Under FDA’s New Draft Guidance
- Abortion Rights to Be Codified in Ohio State Constitution
- The Guiding an Improved Dementia Experience (“GUIDE”) Model