In the months leading up to Election Day 2012, the pace of health reform implementation slowed considerably as the Obama administration held off on releasing regulations to avoid pre-election controversy. With the 2012 elections now in the books, health reform has scored two major victories: the re-election of President Barack Obama and the preservation of a Democratic majority in the Senate. Although the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is now safe from repeal, implementation still faces hurdles, such as state resistance, the fiscal cliff, and pending lawsuits ...
On June 16, 2011, the Office of Personnel Management (“OPM”) released the Request for Information (“RFI”) regarding Section 1334 of the Affordable Care Act, which requires OPM to contract with health insurers to offer multi-state qualified health plans (“MSQHPs”). The purpose of the RFI is to provide OPM with information that will allow it to better understand the “interests and capabilities” of health insurance issuers that will offer MSQHPs through Health Insurance ...
- Warning - Transaction Delays Expected. State Notice Requirements Ahead for Health Care M&A!
- New York Aims to Bolster Hospital Cybersecurity with Imminent Release of Proposed Regulations
- Sharing Scientific Information with HCPs on Unapproved Uses of Medical Products: Dos and Don’ts Under FDA’s New Draft Guidance
- Abortion Rights to Be Codified in Ohio State Constitution
- The Guiding an Improved Dementia Experience (“GUIDE”) Model