CMS’s New Actions Related to EMTALA
On January 22, 2024, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced that, through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), it will launch a comprehensive plan related to the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA). The goals of this comprehensive plan are reportedly: (1) to educate the public about their rights related to emergency medical care, and (2) support hospitals that are subject to EMTALA in meeting their obligations. Specifically, this comprehensive plan will:
- Add new informational resources on ...
- NJ Approves Cannabis Regulatory Amendment with Major Impacts on Class 5 Retail License Holders
- Unpacking Averages: Device Manufacturers Should Use the Newly Released Demographic Data in MDRs to Ensure Their Devices Are Not Disproportionately Hurting Minorities
- CMS Announces Comprehensive Plan to Ensure EMTALA Compliance
- Telehealth’s Roadblock: The Issue with State Licensure Requirements
- CMS Announces New Primary and Behavioral Health Care Integration Demonstration Model