- Posts by Zachary (Zach) TaylorAssociate
Whether assisting clients with transactional due diligence or representing them in civil litigation, regulatory proceedings, or criminal government investigations, attorney Zachary "Zach" Taylor is committed to helping his ...
In a March 6, 2023 constituent update, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) announced the launch of its new Dietary Supplement Ingredient Directory (the “Directory”), which the agency describes as “a one stop shop of ingredient information that was previously found on different FDA webpages.” According to the FDA, the Directory is “intended to help manufacturers, retailers, and consumers stay informed about ingredients that may be found in products marketed as dietary supplements and quickly locate information about such ingredients on the FDA’s website.” With the release of the Directory, the FDA is now retiring the “FDA Dietary Supplement Advisory Ingredient List.”
It has been four years since Congress enacted the Eliminating Kickbacks in Recovery Act (“EKRA”), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 220. EKRA initially targeted patient brokering and kickback schemes within the addiction treatment and recovery spaces. However, since EKRA was expansively drafted to also apply to clinical laboratories (it applies to improper referrals for any “service”, regardless of the payor), public as well as private insurance plans and even self-pay patients fall within the reach of the statute.
- Warning - Transaction Delays Expected. State Notice Requirements Ahead for Health Care M&A!
- New York Aims to Bolster Hospital Cybersecurity with Imminent Release of Proposed Regulations
- Sharing Scientific Information with HCPs on Unapproved Uses of Medical Products: Dos and Don’ts Under FDA’s New Draft Guidance
- Abortion Rights to Be Codified in Ohio State Constitution
- The Guiding an Improved Dementia Experience (“GUIDE”) Model