- Posts by Lisa GoraMember of the Firm
Health care providers and businesses turn to attorney Lisa Gora for advice on regulatory compliance and representation in corporate transactions. Lisa is also a leader in Epstein Becker Green's cannabis practice, providing legal ...
As of September 25, 2023, Bill A4151 was approved by the New Jersey Senate and is now law in New Jersey. This approved bill amends the existing New Jersey recreational cannabis regulatory landscape. Bill A4151, or P.L. 2023, c.162, (the “Amendment”) revises and waives certain restrictions currently imposed on owners of cannabis establishments. Prior to the enactment of the Amendment, Class 5 retail license holders and their owners, were prohibited from holding interest in other Class 5 retail licenses because horizontal expansion is otherwise prohibited under the state’s ...
On August 30, an official at the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released one of the most significant announcements made at the federal level concerning marijuana reclassification. In a letter dated August 29, 2023, Rachel Levine (HHS Assistant Secretary for Health), provided a formal recommendation to Anne Milgrim (Agency Administrator) at the United States Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to reclassify cannabis from a Schedule I drug to a Schedule III drug under the Federal Controlled Substances Act (CSA).
A DEA spokesperson confirmed the department ...
- NJ Approves Cannabis Regulatory Amendment with Major Impacts on Class 5 Retail License Holders
- Unpacking Averages: Device Manufacturers Should Use the Newly Released Demographic Data in MDRs to Ensure Their Devices Are Not Disproportionately Hurting Minorities
- CMS Announces Comprehensive Plan to Ensure EMTALA Compliance
- Telehealth’s Roadblock: The Issue with State Licensure Requirements
- CMS Announces New Primary and Behavioral Health Care Integration Demonstration Model