- Posts by Kate Gallin HeffernanMember of the Firm
When academic medical centers, hospitals, universities, research institutes, start-up biotechnology companies, and other research stakeholders need advice on a comprehensive range of issues affecting biomedical research ...
Our latest focus is trying to bring data to bear on common questions we get asked by clients. Last month the topic was: how well does my device need to perform to get premarket clearance from FDA? This month it is: how big does my sample size need to be for any necessary clinical trial for premarket clearance?
To date, our typical answer has been, it depends. We then explain that it’s not really a regulatory question, but a question for a statistician that is driven by the design of the clinical trial. And the design of the clinical trial is driven by the question the clinical trial is trying ...
On August 15, 2023, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) released final guidance on informed consent for clinical investigations (“Final Guidance”). This update follows FDA’s draft guidance, which was issued in July 2014, and supersedes the FDA’s “A Guide to Informed Consent,” which was issued in September 1998. The Final Guidance is intended to assist clinical research stakeholders, such as institutional review boards (“IRBs”), investigators, and sponsors, in complying with FDA’s informed consent regulations for clinical ...
- Sharing Scientific Information with HCPs on Unapproved Uses of Medical Products: Dos and Don’ts Under FDA’s New Draft Guidance
- Abortion Rights to Be Codified in Ohio State Constitution
- The Guiding an Improved Dementia Experience (“GUIDE”) Model
- Podcast: Antitrust Updates – Changes Affecting Merger Review and Enforcement in 2024 and Beyond – Diagnosing Health Care
- Just Released: Telemental Health Laws – Download Our Complimentary Survey and App