- Posts by Eric WernerAssociate
Health care and other clients rely on attorney Eric Werner for sound advice and strong representation in their litigation matters.
Eric focuses his practice on health care litigation and health law matters, including behavioral ...
Last month, the U.S. Supreme Court declined to review a case challenging the sufficiency of due process protections in the Health Care Quality Improvement Act (HCQIA) and National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB), effectively confirming that the current safeguards are constitutionally sufficient.
In Doe v. Rodgers, a surgeon brought an action against the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the NPDB, and several individual officials who administer the NPDB, alleging that the NPDB wrongfully accepted, kept, and distributed a “false and ...
The latest attempt to expand the psychedelic world is making its way through Congress. On September 21, 2023, Congressmen Robert Garcia (CA-42) and Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) introduced the “Validating Independence for State Initiatives on Organic Natural Substances Act of 2023”. Aptly titled the VISIONS Act, this legislation would, if enacted, protect legal psilocybin use from federal law enforcement intervention in any state or locality where psilocybin is legally permitted. The language in the Act specifically states that it aims to prohibit any federal funds from being ...
- Sharing Scientific Information with HCPs on Unapproved Uses of Medical Products: Dos and Don’ts Under FDA’s New Draft Guidance
- Abortion Rights to Be Codified in Ohio State Constitution
- The Guiding an Improved Dementia Experience (“GUIDE”) Model
- Podcast: Antitrust Updates – Changes Affecting Merger Review and Enforcement in 2024 and Beyond – Diagnosing Health Care
- Just Released: Telemental Health Laws – Download Our Complimentary Survey and App