On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 colleague Stuart M. Gerson of Epstein Becker Green’s Litigation and Health Care and Life Sciences practices in the firm’s Washington, DC and New York offices will join a panel discussion on “The Manay Faces of the Affordable Care Act.” Christopher Farella of Epstein Becker Green’s Litigation and Labor and Employment practices in the firm’s Newark office will serve as moderator.
Issues to be addressed include:
- State of play with respect to various aspects of the ACA, particularly the employer mandate, including a discussion of recent case law.
- How recent election results could impact amendments to the ACA.
- The interplay between the ERISA settler and fiduciary functions that the ACA requires.
- The interplay between the ACA and other employment laws.
- Managing employee populations and the treatment of full time, part time and variable hour employees for coverage offerings.
- The impact of the ACA insurance market reforms on the individual and small employer insurance markets in NJ.
- The unintended consequences of the ACA for employers.
For more information, click here.